Saturday 11 May 2013

Folk Festival

Hello my friends around Europe,

This weekend I went to a special event in Yorkshire. It is called the Holmfirth Folk Festival. Many dancers and musicians travel to Yorkshire so they can perform.

Here are some of the 'Morris' dancers we saw. They use the sticks in their dances by hitting them together!







This Morris dancer was bit of a joker. He danced between the other dancers while they waved their sticks in the air. I thought he would get hurt! 



These morris dancers came all the way from Canada! Their costumes were covered in rags.



Here I am, having a go at Morris dancing. The dancers had ribbons just like mine!


I'll be seeing you all soon in Romania. Only 3 more sleeps until then!     Love from Van Cat xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.